It’s estimated that nearly one in three people on the planet have not heard the good news of Jesus Christ. While the less-developed global south — including countries in Africa, Asia, and Latin America — is home to more than 1.3 billion Christians, there are limited resources in many of these countries for faith leaders to strengthen believers and share the gospel. For example, the entire continent of Africa is served by only 150 theological colleges, compared to nearly 600 in the United States.
How we're changing lives
Through the For Every Child campaign, we seek to nurture the spiritual growth of 2 million people, including 1 million children, helping them know, experience, and demonstrate the transformation of Christ. Our innovative efforts in Christian witness include programs that invite faith leaders from diverse communities to build relationships and address mutual concerns, establishing a more effective witness.
Where we're working
Armenia, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Ethiopia, Honduras, India, Malawi, Rwanda, Uganda, and Zambia
The impact for children
- Assurance of God’s love — Opportunities to learn that they are loved by God — and to see this love demonstrated — help children realize their self-worth and make them better able to contribute to their communities and stronger witnesses to God's grace.
- Healthier communities — Activities that teach Christian principles provide support for church leaders as they witness to and care for their communities, and help create positive, nurturing environments for children.
To date, through the For Every Child Campaign, World Vision has:
- Offered spiritual nurture to nearly 300,000 people eager for such care
- Held voluntary discipleship activities for 95,000 children and youth
- Trained 7,000 church leaders in children’s ministry and theology
- Equipped 1,000 churches to offer holistic ministry, helping to meet congregants’ physical, social, and spiritual needs
Through the For Every Child campaign, World Vision is investing deeply in Christian witness efforts in the following countries:
- Africa: Ethiopia, Malawi, Rwanda, Uganda, Zambia
- Asia: India
- Latin America and the Caribbean: El Salvador, Dominican Republic, Honduras
- Eurasia: Armenia
Through the For Every Child campaign, World Vision will:
- Raise $25 million to support spiritual nurture programs around the world
- Offer spiritual nurture to at least 2 million people, including 1 million children
- Equip 157,000 children and youth to grow and develop in their faith
- Offer training in children’s ministry and theology to 16,000 church leaders
- Equip 4,000 churches to offer holistic ministry, helping to meet congregants’ physical, social, and spiritual needs