Since the 2008 global financial crisis, another 67 million people have become unemployed worldwide. This has had a profound impact on the world’s 3 billion poor, more than four in five of whom are unable to improve their lives by taking part in economic development opportunities. And in the developing world, 2.7 billion people have no access to the banking services that could provide them with tools to build a better future. Watch video
How we're changing lives
Through the For Every Child campaign, we are working to create and sustain over 300,000 jobs by providing basic financial and business services like microloans, enhanced market knowledge, and savings vehicles. By equipping families to earn more income and increase their assets, we’ll be helping over 1.3 million children to experience greater well-being.
One of our innovative approaches includes the implementation of mobile loan software, which decreases operating costs and enables us to serve loan clients more effectively and efficiently. Because women typically invest the greatest percentage of additional earnings in their families and communities, our efforts also place particular emphasis on vocational training and loans that equip women to start or expand small businesses. Through these efforts, we’re helping improve perceptions of women’s value as we improve their access to economic resources. Watch video
Where we're working
Armenia, Bangladesh, Dominican Republic, Ethiopia, Honduras, Malawi, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zambia
The impact for children
- Improved health — Parents with a sustainable source of income are better able to meet their children’s needs, including providing nutritious food and basic healthcare.
- Stronger family relationships — Parents who find income-earning opportunities in their own communities are able to stay with their families instead of migrating to cities — or other countries — in search of work.
- Improved opportunities for the future — Higher family income provides greater long-term security and more resources for children to attend school and build a future free from poverty.
Through the For Every Child campaign, World Vision is hard at work on economic development projects in the following countries:
- Africa: Ethiopia, Malawi, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zambia
- Asia: Bangladesh
- Latin America and the Caribbean: Dominican Republic, Honduras
- Eastern Europe: Armenia
Through the For Every Child campaign, World Vision will:
- Raise $85 million to help provide small loans and comprehensive economic development support to benefit a total of 1.8 million people around the world
- Create and sustain over 300,000 jobs
- Help more than 1.2 million people achieve greater security through access to financial services such as small business loans and savings groups
- Allow 570,000 people to benefit from access new markets
- Contribute to improving the well-being of more than 1.3 million children